• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: I messed up big time (HTC Touchflo 6900)

Keyword tags: cell phones htc htc touch pocket pc smart phones touch touch by htc touch phone TyTN
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
I messed up big time (HTC Touchflo 6900)
Apr 26 2008, 8:49 PM EDT
I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm asking radio shack staff and sprint staff about where the GPS is on this phone (they said it came with it).

So, without really understanding "the fix" someone was all excited about, I proceeded to run it. Result?

. I still don't have GPS
. My Sprint phone thinks it is an Alltell and runs its banner. I tried a hard reset and a clear storage to no avail.

Can you do two things for me?

1. Tell me how to get my Sprint ROM back
2. Tell me the truth about GPS on this phone?

Thank you, whoever you are, who is willing to help me with this.\

Patti Harada
Tucson
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: I messed up big time (HTC Touchflo 6900)
Apr 29 2008, 1:41 PM EDT
this phone does not have gps 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Apr 30 2008, 9:30 PM EDT
"I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm asking radio shack staff and sprint staff about where the GPS is on this phone (they said it came with it).

So, without really understanding "the fix" someone was all excited about, I proceeded to run it. Result?

. I still don't have GPS
. My Sprint phone thinks it is an Alltell and runs its banner. I tried a hard reset and a clear storage to no avail.

Patti Harada
Tucson"
You are stuck.
The ROM's that ship on the device arent offered as a separate install (i.e., they arent posted anywhere for download). Sounds like someone loaded the Alltell ROM on your unit which wrote over your Sprint ROM; not even a Hard Reset will bring this back. Whomever gave you the "fix" needs to be responsible for replacing your device so that you have the correct version for your carrier.
The Sprint version of the Touch does include GPS; check the Owners Manual; Page 26 shows the External GPS, page 47 talks about the device built in GPS chip.
Your device may just not have come with a GPS application.
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Apr 30 2008, 10:25 PM EDT
"I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm asking radio shack staff and sprint staff about where the GPS is on this phone (they said it came with it).

. I still don't have GPS

Patti Harada
Tucson"
Try going to www.ppcgeeks.com , poke around their Sprint Touch and Vogue forums, You might find an original Rom that someone extracted and posted. Or at the very least you may be able to download a good stable "cooked rom" . Good Luck Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Thursday, 5:18 PM EDT
Try going to HTC.com and updating the phone with their updates, their better then the sprint updates you get, it might work, make sure and back up your stuff first. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Recent Site Activity
Top Contributors