• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Screen crackedThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
Screen cracked
Apr 8 2008, 3:02 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2008, 3:02 AM EDT
I just recently bought the Tilt and the whole LCD screen cracked while the phone was in my pocket, just sitting there, minding its own business. Now the touch screen does not work. AT&T told me that I couldn't buy insurance for the phone (because the phone is too epensive and people easily fraud the company). So now I am at a loss for what to do. I do not have insurance, I can't return it because it is cracked and the cheapest replacement for the screen I have found is for $200. Is there anything I can do? I feel like I have been thrown into a messy situation with no fault of my own! HELP!
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
uconncowboy
uconncowboy
1. RE: Screen cracked
Apr 8 2008, 9:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2008, 9:41 AM EDT
Try this... it has been touted as working by a few posters.
http://www.pdasmart.com/8925phone.htm

2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
2. RE: Screen cracked
Apr 8 2008, 5:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2008, 5:05 PM EDT
"I just recently bought the Tilt and the whole LCD screen cracked while the phone was in my pocket, just sitting there, minding its own business. Now the touch screen does not work. AT&T told me that I couldn't buy insurance for the phone (because the phone is too epensive and people easily fraud the company). So now I am at a loss for what to do. I do not have insurance, I can't return it because it is cracked and the cheapest replacement for the screen I have found is for $200. Is there anything I can do? I feel like I have been thrown into a messy situation with no fault of my own! HELP!"
FYI; AT&T will begin offering insurance for the AT&T Tilt some time in June via their insurance provider Assurion.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
uconncowboy
uconncowboy
3. RE: Screen cracked
Apr 8 2008, 10:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2008, 10:20 PM EDT
"FYI; AT&T will begin offering insurance for the AT&T Tilt some time in June via their insurance provider Assurion."
About time already, even stupid SPRINT has insurance!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
4. RE: Screen cracked
Apr 10 2008, 10:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 10 2008, 10:34 PM EDT
i found them at WWW.HTCLCD.COM for $69
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SevenMist
SevenMist
5. RE: Screen cracked
Apr 15 2008, 10:02 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 15 2008, 10:02 AM EDT
"i found them at WWW.HTCLCD.COM for $69"
the same thing happend to me... if you do choose to replace the screen (much cheaper @$69 i wish i found this earlier!) make shure you have very detailed instructions. You must open up the WHOLE phone in order to change the screen. good luck!
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
6. RE: Screen cracked
Dec 9 2008, 4:13 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 9 2008, 4:13 PM EST
got mine on ebay for $36 shipped and it is OEM but:

need some help, put a new screen in and now the touch part doesnt work, it works when the phone is apart and in pieces but when I put it together it does not work......the screen itself looks great, just no touch. Im guessing there are some contacts for the touch layer that is on top of the lcd screen???

please email [email protected]
drewjberry

drewjberry
7. RE: Screen cracked
Apr 24 2009, 4:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 24 2009, 4:36 PM EDT
This web site will fix your AT&T Tilt. They fixed mine and returned it in about a week.

fixyourtilt.com
shubhjeet

shubhjeet
8. RE: Screen cracked
May 2 2009, 6:42 PM EDT | Post edited: May 2 2009, 6:42 PM EDT
"I just recently bought the Tilt and the whole LCD screen cracked while the phone was in my pocket, just sitting there, minding its own business. Now the touch screen does not work. AT&T told me that I couldn't buy insurance for the phone (because the phone is too epensive and people easily fraud the company). So now I am at a loss for what to do. I do not have insurance, I can't return it because it is cracked and the cheapest replacement for the screen I have found is for $200. Is there anything I can do? I feel like I have been thrown into a messy situation with no fault of my own! HELP!"
we can fix your phone lcd in $90.00 .if interested call me at 484-461-4044 cell 714-675-2323 .for more information visit our website at www.point3.net
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
9. RE: Screen cracked
May 8 2009, 5:04 PM EDT | Post edited: May 8 2009, 5:04 PM EDT
Check out http://www.ppctechs.com/AT-T-Tilt_974/repairs.htm They will sell you a replacement screen or you can send the Tilt to them and they will put in a new screen and send it back.
drewjberry

drewjberry
10. RE: Screen cracked
May 9 2009, 1:04 AM EDT | Post edited: May 9 2009, 1:04 AM EDT
www.fixyourtilt.com fixed my cracked tilt screen.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)