• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Youtube? Stuff like that won't work...

Keyword tags: cannot perform action error windows media player youtube
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Fargarshio
Fargarshio
Youtube? Stuff like that won't work...
Mar 29 2008, 6:37 PM EDT
I have the Mogul... When I go to sites like youtube, and I want to watch a video, it goes to the windows media player, connects, then a message comes up saying "cannot perform the requested action at this time"..... I'm kinda new to this whole smartphone thing so I probably sound like a noob, but weren't we all at one time or another???? a little help would sure be appreciated... Thanks. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Youtube? Stuff like that won't work...
Mar 29 2008, 8:41 PM EDT
"I have the Mogul... When I go to sites like youtube, and I want to watch a video, it goes to the windows media player, connects, then a message comes up saying "cannot perform the requested action at this time"..... I'm kinda new to this whole smartphone thing so I probably sound like a noob, but weren't we all at one time or another???? a little help would sure be appreciated... Thanks."
attached is a link to the HTC Streaming Media Player. Unzip the .cab file and save it to your device. Then goto File Explorer on your device and open it from there. It will self instill. Make sun to instill it to install it to your device and not a memory card. Now, when you goto YouTube, it will work propely.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58145&d=1195040893
Do you find this valuable?    
Fargarshio
Fargarshio
Mar 29 2008, 11:27 PM EDT
Thanks Rainman. I'm in the process of restarting to finish the install... I'll let you know if it works... Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 29 2008, 11:47 PM EDT
"Thanks Rainman. I'm in the process of restarting to finish the install... I'll let you know if it works..."
Great! Let me know if you have any problems. Sorry for all the typos before. I am reviewing a Tablet pc for www.pocketnow.com and it doesn't have a keyboard. So I am writing everything on the screen. I am trying to see whet it's like using it as my only computer :-) Do you find this valuable?    
lowrider77

lowrider77
Mar 30 2008, 7:01 AM EDT
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58145&d=1195040893rainman 76 i went to the above link and do i need to register first in order to get the download??? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 30 2008, 8:06 AM EDT
"http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58145&d=1195040893rainman 76 i went to the above link and do i need to register first in order to get the download???"
Yes, unfortunately, you do have to sign up It's another form, but a good one. www. xda-developers.com is one of the best sites for information on "enhancing" your HTC device. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Fargarshio
Fargarshio
Mar 30 2008, 10:26 AM EDT
I went ahead and downloaded the media player, then I went to youtube and tried to look at a video.... the player came up and it said "connecting" then a server timed out message came up.... tried it over and over and it kept happening... tried it on wifi and sprint network and the same thing kept happening... any ideas? am I doing something wrong? I even tried getting the videobundlepack1.4.2.cab and nothing..... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 30 2008, 1:40 PM EDT
"I have the Mogul... When I go to sites like youtube, and I want to watch a video, it goes to the windows media player, connects, then a message comes up saying "cannot perform the requested action at this time"..... I'm kinda new to this whole smartphone thing so I probably sound like a noob, but weren't we all at one time or another???? a little help would sure be appreciated... Thanks."
you need to download 3rd party software called tcpmp Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 30 2008, 1:42 PM EDT
download software called tcpmp, i did and it works Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 30 2008, 1:44 PM EDT
"you need to download 3rd party software called tcpmp"
You shouldn't need it anymore. I hare the HTC Streaming Media Player installed and I can view YouTube just fine, without the flash bundle. Of course, if you want to view other video sites, then the the TCPMP fix is better Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 31 2008, 12:02 AM EDT
U can go to vtap.com and download it to ur phone and after downloading go to settings, then today, then items, select it and it should show up on ur home screen. If not, reset the phone and it should automatically show up. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 31 2008, 12:31 AM EDT
Hey Rainman, you seem like you know what ur talkin about with this stuff. I went to xda-developers.com and registered. Then I tried going to the link you provided above and I get a white screen that reads "404 - not found". Do you know why this is? However, I was able to go the vtap.com route as someone else suggested, but it is not the same as youtube. Do you have any suggestions? Do you find this valuable?    
Fargarshio
Fargarshio
Mar 31 2008, 5:54 AM EDT
I actually downloaded it on my laptop and then active synched it to my phone..... Because the download button wasn't showing up on my phone but it was on the comp... So there's that way you can go...

Anonymous
Apr 1 2008, 8:23 PM EDT
you need the cab files to watch this go to treo central .com and they have them there are two of them and they list the web sites you can watch too
Top Contributors