• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Wing custom text tone? (won't stop)

Keyword tags: T-Mobile pocket PC Wing Eric
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Wing custom text tone? (won't stop)
Mar 26 2008, 3:29 AM EDT
Ok, so I just bought a Wing like a 2 weeks ago after having a sidekick 3 & slide... huge upgrade :D

Anyways, I'm still getting used to the whole WM6 setup, and I'm having trouble with my text message ring tones. I uploaded a custom 30 second ringtone to the 'Windows' folder so after I go to Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications tab>Event "Messaging: New text message".. I then select the audio file that I want to use when I recieve a new text.

Everything works perfect up until I actually recieve a text, unlike other phones i.e. my Sidekick, when I would get a new text message, the ringtone would go off, but immediatly after the message is opened the sound stops. Not the case with the Wing? When I get a new text on my Wing even after I go to the message and open it up the ringtone's still going off for another 25 seconds, and found the only way to stop it is by hitting the quick volume button on the left all the way down to silent.

This is pretty irritating to have to change my phone to silent EVERY time I get a new text, then having to turn it back up or onto vibrate EVERY time after I'm done. Is there a way to cut off the ringtone when the text is opened... or am I just going to have to settle for a quick little beep?!?! =)
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Wing custom text tone? (won't stop)
Mar 26 2008, 1:43 PM EDT
"Ok, so I just bought a Wing like a 2 weeks ago after having a sidekick 3 & slide... huge upgrade :D

Anyways, I'm still getting used to the whole WM6 setup, and I'm having trouble with my text message ring tones. I uploaded a custom 30 second ringtone to the 'Windows' folder so after I go to Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications tab>Event "Messaging: New text message".. I then select the audio file that I want to use when I recieve a new text.

Everything works perfect up until I actually recieve a text, unlike other phones i.e. my Sidekick, when I would get a new text message, the ringtone would go off, but immediatly after the message is opened the sound stops. Not the case with the Wing? When I get a new text on my Wing even after I go to the message and open it up the ringtone's still going off for another 25 seconds, and found the only way to stop it is by hitting the quick volume button on the left all the way down to silent.

This is pretty irritating to have to change my phone to silent EVERY time I get a new text, then having to turn it back up or onto vibrate EVERY time after I'm done. Is there a way to cut off the ringtone when the text is opened... or am I just going to have to settle for a quick little beep?!?! =)"
This is not an opton; the entire file will play when an SMS comes in and there is no option to interrupt it. Try shortening the tone. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Wing custom text tone? (won't stop)
Mar 27 2008, 11:57 PM EDT
Booo, oh well. Thanks! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?