• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Touch screen unresponsive to stylus - solution

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

JOH_in_CA

JOH_in_CA
Touch screen unresponsive to stylus - solution
Mar 19 2008, 3:50 PM EDT
II had a problem in that my Tilt suddenly stopped responding to stylus input. If I used my finger and pressed hard, the screen would respond, but otherwise not at all. The AT&T store recommending having the unit replaced under warranty. But before doing that, I came to this forum, and found the note concerning getting to the screen alignment function by pressing the Center Navigation Key (aka Action Button) and the Internet Explorer Button at the same time. I did so, and the screen came to life and responded perfectly. Hope this helps others facing the same problem. 14  out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Touch screen unresponsive to stylus - solution
Apr 5 2008, 3:15 PM EDT
same here! this was VERY helpful!! 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 7 2008, 12:14 AM EDT
Got this phone for my daughter, went thru alignment with finger because she hadn't found stylus. Then found stylus but it wouldn't work. Tried this solution of re-doing the alignment by pressing IE button and Ctr Nav key, then using stylus to align screen . Works perfectly now. THANKS!!!! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Wednesday, 5:43 AM EST
This post and the solution in here is amazingly helpful. This is a pointer to other HTC phone models for the problem of touch screen unresponsive to stylus (or even finger). Just be calm and creative.

I am using HTC 8125. I am a frequent traveler, my phone was screened at the airport and when it came out of the x-ray machine the touch screen part of it was unresponsive. I was able to use my phone through keyboard. I tried multiple options but to no avail. I followed this thread and tried combination of message button and central navigation button. It showed me align screen window and using stylus I kept the cursor pressed for a couple of seconds at the center and released it. Repeated this at other 4 corner positions also.

Worked for me. My sincere gratitude to folks posting response on this thread. - thanks and good luck
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors