• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Gmail and Java

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

warrenjacobson

warrenjacobson
Gmail and Java
Mar 16 2008, 4:09 PM EDT
When I download a java application (like Gmail), and I try to enter information at the bottom of a page, like "ok" after I enter my user name and password, I cannot see the "OK." Moving from portrait to landscape, I can see it for a second, but the windows bar at the bottom covers the bottom line of the java screen. Any advice??? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Gmail and Java
May 21 2008, 7:28 AM EDT
I have the same issue. I have waited weeks to see if anyone responded to your posting. I hope something comes up soon. I returned my Mogul to Sprint because it has too many problems. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 21 2008, 12:07 PM EDT
"I have the same issue. I have waited weeks to see if anyone responded to your posting. I hope something comes up soon. I returned my Mogul to Sprint because it has too many problems."
Did you end up with another HTC phone or something else? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 22 2008, 3:48 PM EDT
"looking back i wish i would have gotten the HTC touch, but now i'm going to wait as i don't want to pay out that much money for a new phone again..."
Got it...

odd but it works... after putting my username and password in, i swipe the screen area in the lower right hand side of the screen. there is no button there, but it attempts to log in. very strange... and doesn't work for google apps for your domain =(
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 23 2008, 8:37 PM EDT
I tried it too and by swiping the lower screen area it did let me in but you can't do anything...so i think this is an unfinished app. hopefully Google can finish this
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 24 2008, 1:44 AM EDT
No. app works. I have used it on other devices. HTC programed phone so that the image on the screen does not force java part to end before it is covered by the Windows area (probably due to orientation switching.) Do you find this valuable?    
thester972

thester972
Jul 3 2008, 10:00 AM EDT
So what is the status on this? any solutions or is this just a dead issue? I would like to use gmail but can't Do you find this valuable?    
thester972

thester972
Jul 3 2008, 10:27 AM EDT
Well after a short conversation with HTC tech support doesn't look like they care about this issue and have no plans on resolving. wish I had known this would be the type of support I will reseave from HTC before I purchased one of their products!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 5 2008, 3:49 AM EDT
there is a new gmail app for the mogul. try gmail at m.google.com. the new app is fully touchscreen compatible. the old one does not work. windows mobile running java is a weird niche. you will end up downloading the java app for non touchscreen phone. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 5 2008, 3:02 PM EDT
"there is a new gmail app for the mogul. try gmail at m.google.com. the new app is fully touchscreen compatible. the old one does not work. windows mobile running java is a weird niche. you will end up downloading the java app for non touchscreen phone. "
Nope...still doesn't work. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors