• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Touch Cruise is missing TomTomThis is a featured thread

TheBronzeDago
TheBronzeDago
Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Mar 12 2008, 5:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 12 2008, 5:27 AM EDT
I got a Touch Cruise Yesterday but it doesn't have TomTom software, it has something called Mapkink Asia. Not only that, but there isn't a business card reader on it, I thought the cruise had that.... oh, and the charger is a Euro style... I had to charge the phone with a USB Cable on My laptop.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Mar 12 2008, 6:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 12 2008, 6:45 PM EDT
"I got a Touch Cruise Yesterday but it doesn't have TomTom software, it has something called Mapkink Asia. Not only that, but there isn't a business card reader on it, I thought the cruise had that.... oh, and the charger is a Euro style... I had to charge the phone with a USB Cable on My laptop."
Sounds like you didnt get the Touch version that you had wanted. The Tiuch Cruise comes in many variatioins based on the country the device is intended for.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
TheBronzeDago
TheBronzeDago
2. RE: Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Mar 13 2008, 5:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2008, 5:27 AM EDT
Figures.... these guys probably bought a bunch of them from China and sold Me one at a premium price. Wigo Wireless in Falls Church, VA are the ones...
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
3. RE: Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Mar 14 2008, 7:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 14 2008, 7:58 PM EDT
"Figures.... these guys probably bought a bunch of them from China and sold Me one at a premium price. Wigo Wireless in Falls Church, VA are the ones..."
west europa tomtom kart

Anonymous
4. RE: Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Mar 17 2008, 3:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2008, 3:17 PM EDT
In the other side of water they give you an installation CD with the TomTom application, and ONE free option to pick a CITY map! Not even a goddamn country...! BTW: if the city happens to be a bigger one, you end up with a map of a district.
At least THAT would be free of charge...

TheBronzeDago
TheBronzeDago
5. RE: Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Mar 19 2008, 5:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 19 2008, 5:26 AM EDT
I guess I'm better off with Google Maps anyway... it works on the Cruise just fine and its free.

Anonymous
6. RE: Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Mar 30 2008, 9:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 30 2008, 9:02 PM EDT
the world card mobile that comes on the cd is there for you business car reader download it and its great

Anonymous
7. RE: Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Apr 8 2008, 7:53 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2008, 7:53 PM EDT
Its same here too..... I got P3300 and TOmTOm is missing ..... if you find the way to get it please let me know too,,, thanks

Anonymous
8. RE: Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Apr 8 2008, 7:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2008, 7:55 PM EDT
"I got a Touch Cruise Yesterday but it doesn't have TomTom software, it has something called Mapkink Asia. Not only that, but there isn't a business card reader on it, I thought the cruise had that.... oh, and the charger is a Euro style... I had to charge the phone with a USB Cable on My laptop."
Its same for me too. I got P3300 and never got any TomTom software with it, if you happen to know where to get it please let me know too.. Thanks
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
a_ok2me

a_ok2me
9. RE: Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Apr 16 2008, 12:35 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 16 2008, 12:35 AM EDT
Same here in every aspect. I called HTC and they told me to talk to the store. I guess I can always return the pda.

Where in the product brochure does it state to come with a card reader? This is news to me.

Anonymous
10. RE: Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Apr 17 2008, 9:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 17 2008, 9:34 AM EDT
"Same here in every aspect. I called HTC and they told me to talk to the store. I guess I can always return the pda.

Where in the product brochure does it state to come with a card reader? This is news to me."
The card reader software is located in one of the CD's
a_ok2me

a_ok2me
11. RE: Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Apr 18 2008, 12:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2008, 12:43 PM EDT
"Its same for me too. I got P3300 and never got any TomTom software with it, if you happen to know where to get it please let me know too.. Thanks
"
I went to HTC europe and downloaded navigator 6 from the P3600 downloads link. But, it doesn't come with the map.

Anonymous
12. RE: Touch Cruise is missing TomTom
Aug 3 2008, 4:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 3 2008, 4:59 PM EDT
"I went to HTC europe and downloaded navigator 6 from the P3600 downloads link. But, it doesn't come with the map."

One of the best file centers is Megaupload! For a proper search and downloading use http://megaupload.name/

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)