• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Camera Button Not Working

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Camera Button Not Working
Feb 21 2008, 3:51 PM EST
Does anyone have this problem? My camera button (the one on the bottom right of the unit near the stylus) does not activate the camera anymore. 5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Camera Button Not Working
Feb 21 2008, 6:39 PM EST
"Does anyone have this problem? My camera button (the one on the bottom right of the unit near the stylus) does not activate the camera anymore. "
Can you get to the Camera Application from Start >Programs>Camera? If no, you may need to Hard Reset to reload that module.
When you press the Camera Button, does anything happen?
Did you perhaps re-assign that button to something else (Start>Settings>Buttons)?
Is the Camera Button Stuck in the depressed position?
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 25 2008, 10:00 AM EST
the camera module works as i can access it in the Programs menu.
i checked the button assignment, and it is still set to camera.
im trying to figure out if the button is stuck in the depressed position. i dont feel the 'click' motion, yet i can feel the button go down as i press it...
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 12 2008, 12:34 AM EDT
Hey,

I have the same issue with my HTC Touch (CDMA) serviced by Bell Mobility in Ontario, Canada. I have attempted restarting (hard restart) and nothing has been able to solve the issue.

I first noticed the problem when the 'camera' button became unresponsive. I then noticed that the 'talk' button would no longer load the phone application nor did the 'talk' or 'end' buttons work within the phone application.

The keys do work to wake the device up. (That is, if in the systems menu you have not locked out all but the power key to wake the device up.)

Most recently, I've noticed all buttons becoming unresponsive and the system restarting (soft) spontaneously and by itself. I have also noticed repeated restarts (at times more than five) all started by the device itself without user prompts; each restart happening before a functional user screen appears. That is, the device would automatically and without warning restart, show the Windows splash screen, restart, show the ... and so on for about five restart loops.

No additional third-party software or hardware has been used with the device.

Please repost if you see similar complications that stem from the 'camera' key being unresponsive.

You're not alone with this problem. I have yet to find a solution online.

Cheers,

Mike
Bell Mobility Customer
Ontario, Canada
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 7:08 AM EDT
hehe, had this 'problem' myself as well for the first time. You need to press the camera button harder!
It's like a normal camera button (when you are inside camera app). Press it in and it will auto focus, press it harder and it will make a picture.

But to start the camera app, you actually need to press harder because the focus part of the button doesn't start the camera app.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 22 2008, 1:16 AM EDT
I am having the same problem with my mogul... Will post back if I learn anything useful. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 31 2008, 9:33 AM EDT
My Alltel ppc6800 started doing the same thing and i didnt think much of it, i dont use the camera function much, however a day or two later every button stopped working with exception of the power, scroll wheel, and joy stick/pad. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 10 2008, 11:20 PM EDT
Yes. Just press harder..... I got the same problem. HTC 8925 AT&T Tilt. Don't worry to crash your phone... press harder until you see the camera is on 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 12 2008, 9:29 PM EDT
Same problem. Camera button, talk button, end button are all not working correctly. They will "wake up" the screen, but they aren't performing their functions. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 28 2008, 11:43 PM EDT
My phone's been doing the same thing (the rebooting) though I haven't experienced the buttons quitting.

Any luck resolving the reboots?

Dan Polk
Alltel Customer
Bismarck, ND
Do you find this valuable?    
jbarron222

jbarron222
Sep 22 2008, 10:41 AM EDT
I have the same problem on my AT&T 8525. I just noticed it this morning. Have you tried using the directional pad and center button to function the camera? The center button will act as the capture button, and the directional pad will zoom in and out. Of course you'll have to activate the camera function thru Start>Programs>Camera. If the camera "button" is the only thing that is malfunctioning, this should work for you. Now, I''m just worried that i'll start to experience some of the other problems associated with the camera button malfunction mentioned by others Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors