• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Windows Live Mobile forces phone into EV-DO when WiFi available

Keyword tags: code name: Titan Sprint Audiovox PPC-6800 Telus P4000 Verizon XV6800
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Windows Live Mobile forces phone into EV-DO when WiFi available
Feb 6 2008, 1:38 AM EST
When I got my Mogul (which I otherwise LOVE), I got a limited data plan since I have access to many hotspots and rarely use it otherwise. BUT..... after 4 days, I checked my data useage and had used over 80MB of data (lol... called Qwest and they converted me to unlimited plan, thank god... 30MB at a per Kb charge would've killed me). Over the last few days have noticed that when Windows Mobile Live is logged out, the phone works fine in WiFi, but when it's running, the WiFi active icon shows but the phone dialer for EV-DO shows and disappears and all browsing slows down.

I have tried to modify the connection settings to include a login so that it asks before connecting but when phone is turned off and restarts, it goes back to its old settings; same thing when you try to delete the connection, it comes back after rebooting phone. ]

So, does anyone know what can be done to turn force the EV-DO to stay off until turned on manually or is there a fix so that it will use WiFi?

Any workarounds or fixes would be greatly appreciated.

By the way folks, I love this site and have gotten a lot of good information for my old AT&T 8125 and my Mogul (although a little sparse on the Qwest version).
Do you find this valuable?    

Be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)