• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: micro sd problem with 3125

Watch

Anonymous
micro sd problem with 3125
Jan 29 2008, 11:05 PM EST
i just bought a micro sd card (2gb) and i installed it and my phone doesnt read it i guess. it doesnt have a sorage card folder or anything. Any suggestions? ( if reformatting it works, i need to know how to do that) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: micro sd problem with 3125
Jan 30 2008, 10:54 AM EST
goto start -> file explorer, then hit the menu button on the right and select 8 Storage Card.

Now on the top left of the screen it should say /Storage Card.

Do you see that?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 30 2008, 10:55 AM EST
click start -> File Explorer, then click on the menu button on the right and select 8 Storage Card.

Then on the top left of your screen it should say \Storage Card

Do you see it?
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 19 2008, 6:23 PM EDT
8 my docs
i think it can't read card. system says flash =unknown
******help
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 2 2008, 8:40 AM EDT
I have same problem, with kingston 2gb, sometimes read but sometimes not. Somebody know if 3125 support 2gb? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 3 2008, 4:48 PM EDT
My experience is this... First 3125 I had I put a 2GB San Disk card in. It worked off and on. Sometimes I could access content on the card sometimes I could not. The phone would also randomly reboot. 2nd phone worked flawess for about 8 months none of the previous issues arose more than once in a couple of months. The external screen quit working on the 2nd phone so now I'm on my third. I'm now getting the same issues as the first phone. That is why I'm on looking for an answer. I read on a different forum that HTC is aware of this behavior on a different phone and has a patch for it. All the phones have had the latest ROMS installed and the only extra software installed is Micorsoft Live Search. Guess I'll keep looking for an answer or upgrade to a different phone. As it stands now if I'm listening to Media Player and it loses the storage card it almost locks the phone up to where it is unusable. :( Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 8 2008, 10:19 AM EDT
Update to my storage card issues. I have not been able to find an update on the HTC website dealing with this issue. In my opinion I think the reboots occur because the OS flakes out when it's trying access the storage card and its lost its connection. I also think the storage card issue is not software but the phones storage card form and fit not being tight. Since all three of my phones had the same ROM version and software installed and this seems to be a random problem with other phones lead me to think the cards are physically losing their connection. The OS at that point flakes out and tends to reboot. I have now put a thin piece of cardboard between the storage card and the SIM card and that has reduced my storage card issues quite a bit. I have had only had 2 unexpected reboots since my last post and have only had to reboot to get the storage card to reconnect a couple of times myself. Still not perfect but since it was happening several times a day before I think I'm on to something. It's very dissapointing to post like this on this sight as well as Cingulars and HTC has yet to confirm the issue. HTC will be at the bottom of my list for my next phone... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 22 2008, 8:38 PM EDT
I have 2gb SanDisk cards in two 3125's and have had no problems. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 31 2008, 6:28 PM EDT
I did not have this issue untill I decided to upgrade the rom. Immediately after the update, phone started loosing contact with the micro device and rebooting it self while sitting on my desk at work. I read the posting about the battery cover and the little switch, micro card not sitting right etc. But I am telling you I did not have any of these issues until the rom update. I am desperately looking for a way to revert to the original version. Couldn't find a tread on that. Hard reset only erases my data, won't revert back to the original ROM version...... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 25 2008, 8:31 AM EDT
This phone support MicroSD HS 4GB..? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors