• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Shadow overheatingThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
Shadow overheating
Jan 23 2008, 6:20 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2008, 6:20 AM EST
I need to has anyone had a problem wit the shadow over heating?I know phones get hot when on a charger but for some reason when its getting hot on the home screen when you scroll through the menus where it says what your on right behind it it is real light from over heating.
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: over heating
S_dunn

S_dunn
1. RE: Shadow overheating
Jan 24 2008, 11:55 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2008, 11:55 AM EST
yes im having the same problem. is this your first device? have you tried calling t mobile about it? are you having any other problems with it?

steve

Anonymous
2. RE: Shadow overheating
Jan 30 2008, 12:55 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2008, 12:55 AM EST
this is my second one had it replaced through asurion and its a new phone...its still over heating.
Supertrooper
Supertrooper
3. RE: Shadow overheating
Feb 9 2008, 5:27 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2008, 5:27 AM EST
Mine doesn't seem to have that problem, but there was a gentleman on another forum who said his over-heated enough to crack his screen. He says it was due to charging his Shadow alot. He mentioned he uses his Shadow quiet alot and due to the short battery life, his was always on the charger.

He did mention while charging your Shadow and you feel it getting warm you may want to disconnect from the charger. T-Mob was charging $100 to $120 for a fix on his phone.

Like I said this is what I heard, but I thought I would just pass on this info to other Shadow users.

Anonymous
4. RE: Shadow overheating
Dec 4 2008, 11:12 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2008, 11:12 PM EST
"I need to has anyone had a problem wit the shadow over heating?I know phones get hot when on a charger but for some reason when its getting hot on the home screen when you scroll through the menus where it says what your on right behind it it is real light from over heating."
Check your e-mail settings, select menu, tools, options, send/receive or Sync options and change the time, I had it set to every 15 minutes, so I changed it to 60 minutes. The overheating has to do with applications running in back ground. Check the Task Manager for runing applications or tasks and close the ones that you do'nt use, keep an eye on this all the time.