• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Beep when call is initiated - how to turn off?

Keyword tags: beep Juno Shadow
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Beep when call is initiated - how to turn off?
Jan 22 2008, 5:19 PM EST
I have been through the obvious menus to get rid of as many sounds on my Shadow as possible.
The only one left is the beep that is made when the phone initiates a call (just before/as it "dials"). How can I get rid of this?
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Beep when call is initiated - how to turn off?
Feb 5 2008, 8:32 PM EST
i'm wondering the same thing. let me know if you find out. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 9 2008, 1:52 PM EST
I found this, but I don't have all of the keys, apparently.
http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/1283504-1.html
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 9 2008, 2:19 PM EST
It took a while to find this info (this is the OP, BTW).
-application unlock phone
-install and open a registry editor. This one worked on my shadow: http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
-within the registry editor goto:
-hkey current user
-controlpanel
-sound categories
-call start
then change "initvol" value to "0"

It works! I can make beep-free calls at work!
There are lots of other cool things you can do in there too, but I am somewhat afraid to touch them for fear of not recalling what I had changed. This is a clean change that should not change anything else.

Anonymous
Feb 26 2008, 6:41 PM EST
Your fix is great, except one thing. the beep comes back if i switch to vibrate mode. then when switching back to normal it keeps beeping. i have to edit the registry again!!! are you kidding me? what's up with this phone? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 22 2008, 9:56 AM EDT
OP again. The previous reply is correct. It came back when I switched profiles. It did not come back as the loud beep, but rather as a quieter two- tone "low-high" chime noise.
I give up. I have years of experience customizing/hacking my Palm and WM devices and have never had to give up.
I wish someone from TMobile, Microsoft, or HTC would reply to this and give us the answer that we all want.
I work in an office environment and I hate making noise whenever I check a voicemail. Otherwise, the Shadow is fantastic (ok, I guess it could use a standard 3.5mm jack too).

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors