• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?This is a featured thread

2 3 4 5  | Next > Last

Anonymous
T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Jan 19 2008, 12:33 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 19 2008, 12:33 PM EST
I have the T-Mobile Dash. Its really good phone but i have to charge it once every day or 2 days and i only use it for maybe 2 hours of wi-fi/games/apps..etc a day. i go to school with battery at %100 and then come back after 6 hours of standby the battery is at %60 or %50. also sometime the amber light turns on and the charging sign is active when my phone is not even charging. is this a battery or phone problem.
9  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Jan 27 2008, 2:52 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 27 2008, 2:52 PM EST
"I have the T-Mobile Dash. Its really good phone but i have to charge it once every day or 2 days and i only use it for maybe 2 hours of wi-fi/games/apps..etc a day. i go to school with battery at %100 and then come back after 6 hours of standby the battery is at %60 or %50. also sometime the amber light turns on and the charging sign is active when my phone is not even charging. is this a battery or phone problem."
I have had a similar problem as the battery does not appear to hold a charge for a full day without use, and has actually shut down when the icon displays battery life. I am now trying to obtain a new battery to see if it is a battery problem.
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Jan 30 2008, 4:58 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2008, 4:58 PM EST
Same here... and my Dash is just acting weird lately (mostly after installing the "upgrade" to WinMobile 6 (what a junk!!). I am planning to buy a new battery. Does anybody have any idea how can I roll back to WinMobile 5 ?
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Feb 8 2008, 11:46 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2008, 11:46 AM EST
omg i have the same problem...my dashs battery sucks...it started with havin to charge it twice a day...now i cant even talk on it or txt for more than 10 minutes..i thought it was jus thebattery but i have the HTC high battery so its deff the phone...soo i suggest you forget the dash. awesome phone but it wont stay on long enough to even enjoy the darn phone!
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
4. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Feb 10 2008, 11:10 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 10 2008, 11:10 PM EST
had my dash 13 months and it won't hold a charge, shuts off after 120 minutes of standby (no talking). used less than 13 of my 300 minutes this months because it won't hold charge long enough to talk even once a day. big drag for phone that costs $900 a year for service and $200 to buy. $1100 for zip.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
bbsr532

bbsr532
5. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Feb 12 2008, 8:40 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 12 2008, 8:40 PM EST
I have a 9 month old Dash and it holds charge for about 30 mins of browsing or ~6hrs of no use. Since it is supposed to be under warranty, I called T-mobile customer service hoping that they will help out.

A representative named, Shawn, said after few months of usage, the DASH battery is known not to hold full charge and progressively gets bad. Though the phone warranty clearly states all accessories, SIM Card, etc. are part of the phone and thus warrantied for 1 year, the support rep insisted that battery is an accessory and it comes with 90 day warranty. But the rep could not find that statement being documented anywhere. Suggested me to go to T-mobile website to purchase the battery that should have been replaced by t-mobile.

So, I would suggest all of you having battery issue to call customer support and insist that t-mobile replace these defective batteries. Please refer to first page of Limited Warranty booklet that came with the phone.
10  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
gronnie
gronnie
6. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Feb 13 2008, 12:28 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 13 2008, 12:28 PM EST
You are correct in stating the battery has a 1 year warranty. However, the battery is only warrantied by T-Mobile for 90 days. It is warrantied by HTC for the rest of the 1 year warranty. Contact their repair facility (go to their website http://www.america.htc.com) and you can send it to them for replacement if it is defective.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
7. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Feb 13 2008, 4:26 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 13 2008, 4:26 PM EST
You just have to download the old wm5 rom. type it in google my phone had the wm6 and i downgraded it wm5 is so much better in my opinion
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
8. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Feb 26 2008, 5:25 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 26 2008, 5:25 PM EST
I upgraded to WM6 and since my phone will shut off if too many apps are running or it will shut off after talking for a few minutes then it takes forever to start again. This is definitely caused by upgrading to WM6.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
9. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Feb 29 2008, 6:26 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 29 2008, 6:26 PM EST
Hey there,
I have had the batter problem with my Dash now to the point where it does not work at all unless plugged into the outlet. I order and have the new battery. i used it till it died. when i went to reset, it won't take a charge....the power indicator light does not come on. anyone have any like experience that may help me override this problem? right now i have been phoneless for over 3 weeks now and i am so frustrated.

Anonymous
10. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Mar 10 2008, 10:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 10 2008, 10:02 PM EDT
I am having a similar problem, battery will simply not hold a charge. If I listen to music using the media player, surf the web or make an extended call, the battery is dead (and the phone shuts off) in less than a few hours. I have taken to carrying my charger with me everywhere I go. Additionally, I purchased a new battery and that battery would not charge at all. Where the battery life indicator is, instead of a plug icon, there is just an x. Exchanged that battery and the same thing happened. I am now back to the original crappy battery. I did upgrade to WM6 some months back, so I may try to go back to WM5. Sigh, because I really like the phone otherwise.

Anonymous
11. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Mar 14 2008, 12:02 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 14 2008, 12:02 AM EDT
The same has been happening to me for the past week. My phone seems to "charge" while not connected to anything (the battery level actually goes up). The light on the phone is solid instead of blinking (both orange & green). Even after the phone claims the phone is charged (after its phantom charging) I check and it still says its charging. I cannot tell the true percentage of the battery life. This is my second battery and may buy a third to see if indeed it is the battery. I even hard reset the phone - no change.
ehrade
ehrade
12. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Mar 14 2008, 5:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 14 2008, 5:45 PM EDT
If you are running Wi-Fi and also Playing games, that will definately wear the juice from the battery.
I have a dash and whenever I use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi that tends to really suck battery power.

I recently upgraded my ROM though to the Excaliber ROM rather than the T-Mobile ROM and the battery lasts twice as long its amazing. It also has double the memeory.

If you get a chance I definately recommend it.

Anonymous
13. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Mar 15 2008, 3:17 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 15 2008, 3:17 AM EDT
i have a problem where when i've got full battery power my phone will turn off when opening a text or starting or ending a call. its completely random too. its also very irritating because it will delete the text message i've just received. anyone else experiencing this?
8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
14. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Mar 24 2008, 1:27 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 24 2008, 1:27 PM EDT
"i have a problem where when i've got full battery power my phone will turn off when opening a text or starting or ending a call. its completely random too. its also very irritating because it will delete the text message i've just received. anyone else experiencing this?"
I have the same problem and I never did the upgrade. When I called T-Mobile to tell them about the problem, they claimed that no one else complained of problems with the phone shutting off and suggested that I get a new battery. I am currently waiting for my battery to be shipped and hopefully that will resolve the problem.

Anonymous
15. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Mar 27 2008, 7:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 27 2008, 7:52 PM EDT
Where is everyone buying their new bats? I have only had the phone for about 7 months now and only have a talk time of 20 mins at best. So just wondering where the best place to get the battery at?

Thanks

Anonymous
16. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
Apr 15 2008, 7:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 15 2008, 7:47 PM EDT
Am having the same problem - SUPER frustrating. Replaced the battery for a new one (at the T-Mobile shop) but it is still shutting down - sometimes within minutes or even seconds of booting up. It is now totally un-usable if not plugged in. I like this phone but don't want to re-buy it. Was going to flash it with Windows Mobile 6 - but it doesn' t look like that's helped anyone. Any other ideas out there?

Anonymous
17. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
May 3 2008, 8:53 PM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2008, 8:53 PM EDT
I am on my 4th handset. I had the same problem with WM5. It is definitely the phone. When I complained about my first handset one of the customer service people admitted that it was the phone and they have had trouble and complaints with it. No one since else will admit that the phone is faulty. My charge will not hold for longer than 12 hours. I have only had this handset for 2 weeks. If the same thing has happened with 4 phones then it must be the phone.

Anonymous
18. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
May 4 2008, 4:20 PM EDT | Post edited: May 4 2008, 4:20 PM EDT
Where did you find that ROM update??
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
19. RE: T-Mobile Dash Battery or Phone Problem?
May 9 2008, 11:59 AM EDT | Post edited: May 9 2008, 11:59 AM EDT
I have had a similar problem with my Dash as well. The battery will have full bars, but browsing to sites or Spending a few minutes on the phone and the device powers off. I do not have the Wifi on, or use push mail. I have flashed the device to WM 5 and have also upgraded to WM 6. I had the same problem on both.

I have not purchased a new battery, but I have found that calling or browsing works fine when I have the power adapter plugged in. I have also found that my battery lasts the entire day if I do not make any calls or browse on the phone, but what is the point of having it if I cannot do these two things? I have found texting does not cause the problem.

Has anyone had these same issues and had them fixed by purchasing a new battery? What about the larger battery offered by T-Mobile?

If I don't have a good fix in a few days I may be jumping to a cheaper phone until my contract runs out and I can pick up one of the new 3G iPhones...
2 3 4 5  | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)