• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Cant send email

Keyword tags: applications SDA smartphone reviews software T-Mobile
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

speeddemonvrod
speeddemonvrod
Cant send email
Jan 19 2008, 12:36 AM EST
I can recieve email but I can't send any. A error comes up saying "The following error occurred while sending and recieving mail: An error occurred while downloading messages. Verify that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct and then try again." Please help- im trying to set up free texting for my kids throu email and wifi. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
RE: Cant send email
Jan 20 2008, 12:10 AM EST
I know you can text through windows messenger, aim & yahoo messenger for mobile phones, but through email, thats a new one.

Your smtp (outgoing) settings needs to checked. the security settings. each of the mobile messengers I listed has separate settings (hotmail is usually automatically setup)
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
bulaxman

bulaxman
Jan 22 2008, 11:59 AM EST
Speeddemonvrod: I also have this same issue. I have set up my gmail account with no problems, outgoing and incoming mail work perfect. However for my work, i use a separate email account which I have set up using POP. This is the account which I am having problems with. I can receive emails no problem but get the same error when attempting to send. I have tried changing all the outgoing settings ie: SSL, "outgoing server requires authentication." nothing seems to be working.

Did you ever find a resolutions to your problem?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
Jan 22 2008, 7:04 PM EST
bulaxman: have you tried this?

1. goto gmail account, settings, pop, enable pop. dont forget to save.
2. goto inbox, menu, options, account setup, menu, new.
3. type in your email address as in: [email protected], hit next.
4. put it your user name without the "@gmail.com" only the user name.
5. password, check save if you would like without domain.
6. pop3 server, account name
7. network: the internet, next
8. incoming pop.gmail.com:995
9. outgoing smtp.gmail.com: 465
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
bulaxman

bulaxman
Jan 23 2008, 8:44 AM EST
Thanks Vipertech1...I appreciate the help. My gmail account actually works perfect. Its a separate email account that I use for work that I am having troubles with. I was reading around on this forum about it and came across a thread where someone mentioned you need to have the outgoing port number correct. Currently I don't know this port number and I'm waiting on my email provider to reply to an email about this. Do you find this valuable?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
Jan 23 2008, 11:20 AM EST
which provider are you using??
Do you find this valuable?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
Jan 23 2008, 11:23 AM EST
Forget my last post, your work is from your IT, hopefully they can help you out. Cheers!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 25 2008, 4:28 PM EST
I got the same problem, I don't know why it's doing that. I was working before and now...nothing Do you find this valuable?    
bulaxman

bulaxman
Jan 25 2008, 5:37 PM EST
I got in touch with the gentleman who provides our email service. He said to try entering port number 25 for outoing. He said that this is pretty standard for most email servers. I entered ":25" after my outgoing mail server and everything has been working perfect since. I suggest trying that. I also thought that I'd mention that I recently purchased a HTC 6800 from Bell and after using it for several days exchanged it for an HTC Touch and I am very glad I did. Once you get used to not having actual buttons to type with, I think the touch is much superior. Plus Bell is offering a $7 unlimited data for the Touch in Canada right now. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 25 2008, 7:29 PM EST
I'm glad it worked out for you-I like the qwerty pad for me personally. Have fun!! Do you find this valuable?    
bulaxman

bulaxman
Jan 25 2008, 8:49 PM EST
Yeah it really is personal preference, I can understand why a lot people prefer the qwerty keyboard.

Let me know if you figured out your email situation.
Do you find this valuable?    
speeddemonvrod
speeddemonvrod
Jan 25 2008, 11:36 PM EST
"bulaxman: have you tried this?

"
This works great. Thank you very much. :) I wish I could have the out-look work only becouse when you send a email to a mobile phone address as a text it dosn't add spam. Gmail is a little less spam then yahoo. Too much spam make the persons recieving the text get 2 text instead of just one. Do you find this valuable?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
Jan 27 2008, 2:14 PM EST
"I'm glad it worked out for you-I like the qwerty pad for me personally. Have fun!!"
bulaxman, I forgot to sign in on this one Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 4 2008, 6:49 PM EST
I'm having the same issues. I have the outgoing port set to what my IT says. In fact, they set up my Wing. I can recieve emails fine, but I can't for the life of me, send any unless I'm connected to the wireless network at work. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 4 2008, 11:52 PM EST
i am new to this phone...it was a hand me down from my boyfriend and really more than i need! can you send me the same info for yahoo? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 9 2008, 5:22 PM EST
Thanks Bro ... I was busting my head trying to figure it out. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 21 2008, 10:02 AM EST
"bulaxman: have you tried this?

"
i am at a a loss i have tried all the steps to enable pop etc not luck i still can send hotmail Do you find this valuable?    
Oracledbalady

Oracledbalady
Feb 26 2008, 2:50 AM EST
HOTMAIL IS NOW BEING PHASED TO WINDOWS LIVE I HEAR THROUGH VINE. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sunday, 2:14 PM EDT
i have TYTN II , and im having the same probelm - i cant send any emails... i receive email with no problem. but i cant send them... i tried all ports.. still nothing... btw i have this issue with both of my mailboxes - on YAHOO.CO.UK and on MAIL.RU as well...... help pls) Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)