• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Phone Freezes....This is a featured thread

Showing 7 posts

Posted Anonymously
Phone Freezes....
Jan 16 2008, 5:54 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2008, 5:54 PM EST
...and the only way to get it going again is to remove and reinstall the battery. Only then will the phone turn back on. This is the second S720 Telus has given me that does this. ANyone else? Or am I doing something incorrectly? 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: S720 telus WM6
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Phone Freezes....
Jan 16 2008, 6:48 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2008, 6:48 PM EST
"...and the only way to get it going again is to remove and reinstall the battery. Only then will the phone turn back on. This is the second S720 Telus has given me that does this. ANyone else? Or am I doing something incorrectly?"
There are a few reasons for a device to freeze, these are just a few:
3rd party applications interfering with the device performance. If ytou have any installed, remove them and test. if the issue doesnt come up without the 3rd party applications, start adding them back one by one to identify which one is likely causing the issue.
Lack of enough available Memory to run. Free up Memory by moving large files to a storage card and deleting the browser history and temp files.
Initial Boot process and configuration is incomplete. Hard Reset your device and let the entire process to complete.
2  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Eocene
2. RE: Phone Freezes....
May 13 2008, 2:19 PM EDT | Post edited: May 13 2008, 2:19 PM EDT
Your not alone out there with your S720, I am now working on my 4th replacement.
I figure by the time they finally get it fixed my battery will dead & out dated, then I can look fordward to purchaseing a NEW battery for this outstanding S720 SMARTPHONE.

They should have thought of a better name than " SMART PHONE"
Smart.................. it isn't
Phone................ it's trying to be
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Phone Freezes....
Jun 12 2008, 6:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 12 2008, 6:13 PM EDT
"...and the only way to get it going again is to remove and reinstall the battery. Only then will the phone turn back on. This is the second S720 Telus has given me that does this. ANyone else? Or am I doing something incorrectly?"
I've had one for a few months now and am a "high usage" person. The device locks up if you try slide the keyboard in too quickly and if you try to type to quickly in an email. Also, I have found that Telus reception is poor, I suffer many dropped calls a day...it's quite embarrassing. The battery life is very poor as well. If you have 3 phone calls of 20 to 30 minutes in length you have basically drained the battery. Overall, I would not waste my money on one of these (my company pays for mine). It tries to be a phone and email and internet browser but does not excel at any of them. Blackberry seems to be a much higher quality device. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: Phone Freezes....
Jun 13 2008, 10:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 13 2008, 10:25 AM EDT
my phone is frozen and why is it frozen and how do i get it to un freeze
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
5. RE: Phone Freezes....
Jun 13 2008, 2:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 13 2008, 2:26 PM EDT
"my phone is frozen and why is it frozen and how do i get it to un freeze
"
Try a soft reset, remove the battery for at least 10 seconds, Re-install and power on . See if that unfreezes it. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: Phone Freezes....
Aug 25 2008, 1:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 25 2008, 1:40 AM EDT
my phone is freezing even after removing and replacing the battery what can i do? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)