• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Alarm Clock Sprint touchThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
Alarm Clock Sprint touch
Jan 11 2008, 10:30 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2008, 10:30 PM EST
Do anyone know how to set another tone for the alarm. The tones that are available aren't loud enough and they only play every 20 seconds or so.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: bluetooth

Anonymous
1. RE: Alarm Clock Sprint touch
Jan 19 2008, 11:23 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 19 2008, 11:23 PM EST
there are many 3rd party clock but Snooze (alarm) clock is okey. i heard.. but dont know yet.. htc should do somethign abt it.. wm6 sucks..
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
2. RE: Alarm Clock Sprint touch
Feb 24 2008, 9:48 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 24 2008, 9:48 PM EST
you could just create a really loud tone on your computer and transfer it to you memory card on your phone.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: Alarm Clock Sprint touch
Mar 11 2008, 7:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 11 2008, 7:02 PM EDT
that wont work because the alarm only allows you to access its own built in rings. and honestly. those are very limited. it wont let you access any mp3 or any other sound. too bad too because the speaker on this thing is awesome
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
4. RE: Alarm Clock Sprint touch
Mar 19 2008, 5:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 19 2008, 5:47 PM EDT
post or convert to a .wav file and put it in the windows folder on your phone then you will see it in the alarm sound list
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
5. RE: Alarm Clock Sprint touch
Apr 22 2008, 9:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 22 2008, 9:34 PM EDT
Yes, this is a real drawback with WM6 touchscreen. On my WM5 SP, any sound file could be used. Here's what does work with WM6: convert the sound file to 16mHz, 16 bit, mono WAV using any number of free conversion programs, and bump up the volume. Then save this wav file in the /Windows directory on your phone. It will show up in the alarm sounds list.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
6. RE: Alarm Clock Sprint touch
Dec 10 2008, 11:28 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 10 2008, 11:28 PM EST
hi all.. I am still very new to this ph. I want to change the ringtone. but dont know how to change. anyone can teach me?

Anonymous
7. RE: Alarm Clock Sprint touch
Dec 12 2008, 12:34 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 12 2008, 12:34 AM EST
To all of you wanting to add your own tones, or increase the volume of your ringing tone.

Firstly, find the ringtone you want. You then need to have a music editing program, such as Nero Soundtrax, Adobe Audition or Sony SoundForge, to open up the ringtone file so you can increase its' volume.

After you've done that (or if you already have a loud piece of music or a sound you want to use as a ringtone, using Windows Explorer rename the file with the word 'Rings-' in front of whatever you've called the track. Secondly, the file must be either a MP3 or a WAV file, or the ringtone player will not recognise it.
Next, using ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center, copy the file to TWO separate locations, namely
1) the Windows folder on your device, and
2) the 'Rings' folder located in the 'Windows' folder on your device.
After you've done that, and disconnected the phone from ActiveSync, go back to your phone's Sounds settings page (where you change your ringtone) and you'll find the tracks you copied over in the dropdown menu for ring tone, message alert and alarm tone.

It's that easy.....