• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: at&t Tilt (Tytn II) Video Driver Issues

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

nbviper

nbviper
at&t Tilt (Tytn II) Video Driver Issues
Jan 8 2008, 3:00 PM EST
Not sure if this has already been brought up here, but how many Tytn II users have issues with video playback and gaming on their devices?

If so, sign the petition and let HTC know... http://www.petitiononline.com/tytn2vid/
--------------------------------
To whom it may concern,

The lack of ATI Imageon hardware driver support and the 7200 chipset driver support on the TYTN II is obvious. The TYTN II, which claims to be superior to most all current devices on the market, is lacking serious driver and hardware support when it comes to Video playback. In fact, anything that has to do with Direct Draw, Direct X and any fluid movement of pixels on the screen seems behave in an unacceptably slow manner.

Even the camera application that comes with the device slows down to such a slow frame rate that photos are not able to be captured, and cause videos to record and render slower than a sideshow. Videos captured from a third party source render faster on devices over 3 years older using slower technology.

There are many TYTN II owners experiencing the same exact results that have been briefly explained above. The lack of speed in rendering video or 3D content on the TYTN II seems to be a direct result of poorly coded and even missing driver support. If HTC is unable or unwilling to resolve this issue, please prove a full fledge SDK release so that phone owners can repair what HTC was unwilling or unable to do.

Thank You,

All TytnII/ATT Tilt/T Mobile MDA Vario III owners.
--------------------------------------------------
8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: at&t Tilt (Tytn II) Video Driver Issues
Jan 8 2008, 3:32 PM EST
Ypu this issue is still not fixed and judging by replies from HTC Support it's uncertain they will even admit that there is a problem. Check out this video to see an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeb8-m5opDA

Many HTC sets also have problems with lagging response times when using the stylus/touch screen. The TyTN is no different:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhHG377wkQU
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 8 2008, 3:51 PM EST
I have seen this petition floating around everywhere. I know that some folks over at www.xda-developers.com are working on their own set of drivers for the Kaiser. Also, it is not known yet if the video drivers will help with the camera. I will be very interested to see the outcome of all of this. 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 8 2008, 5:03 PM EST
I am new user to Tilt. How can I make video not delay and choppy? Even using WIFi it appears not good. It is like the camera, very slow and almost not worth using. Is there a setting for me to adjust so that it dosen't appear to be a $75 PDA? 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
nbviper

nbviper
Jan 8 2008, 5:28 PM EST
"I am new user to Tilt. How can I make video not delay and choppy? Even using WIFi it appears not good. It is like the camera, very slow and almost not worth using. Is there a setting for me to adjust so that it dosen't appear to be a $75 PDA?"
It's not a bandwidth issue, but the lack of hardware video drivers.

Have you noticed how horrible your camera refresh rate is?
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
nbviper

nbviper
Jan 8 2008, 8:30 PM EST
Great article and worst case scenerio example.

http://htcwiki.com/page/HTC+TyTN+II+Video+Issues
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 22 2008, 11:44 AM EDT
"It's not a bandwidth issue, but the lack of hardware video drivers.

Have you noticed how horrible your camera refresh rate is?"
Any solution yet Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
May 22 2008, 12:37 PM EDT
"Any solution yet"
It is rumored that HTC should be coming out with a new rom upgrade any day now. While it doesn't appear that it contains any new video drivers, it is supposed to improve video play, camera function and 3G connectivity. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 1 2008, 6:20 AM EDT
"It is rumored that HTC should be coming out with a new rom upgrade any day now. While it doesn't appear that it contains any new video drivers, it is supposed to improve video play, camera function and 3G connectivity."
hope it makes a diffrence quite disgusted with the camera's refresh rate Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 22 2008, 8:37 AM EDT
.The new rom update makes little or no difference. It seems that there never will be a driver fix for this phone Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 23 2008, 5:36 AM EDT
That's it. No more bullshit PDA phones for me! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 30 2008, 1:58 AM EDT
".The new rom update makes little or no difference. It seems that there never will be a driver fix for this phone"
Where can I get that rom update? Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Jun 30 2008, 7:47 AM EDT
"Where can I get that rom update?"
If you have an unbranded TytN II ,then find the upgrade at HTC e-club on this site. Otherwise there has been no released upgrade, 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors