• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Activesync on phone spins forever, requires restartReported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

cjms
Activesync on phone spins forever, requires restart
Jan 4 2008, 3:11 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2008, 3:11 PM EST
My activesync has started to just spin forever sporadically when syncing, The activesync symbol just spins forever and if I don’t restart the device it will drain the battery. I have reset the device, rebuilt my mailbox, checked all settings on exchange, etc etc. There are others using Mobile6 against our corporate exchange server and have no issue. It does not really matter what I do, activesync will fail sooner or later (even with almost nothing in my mailbox). Anyone have the same problems and/or suggestions? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Activesync on phone spins forever, requires restart
Jan 4 2008, 6:15 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2008, 6:15 PM EST
"My activesync has started to just spin forever sporadically when syncing, The activesync symbol just spins forever and if I don’t restart the device it will drain the battery. I have reset the device, rebuilt my mailbox, checked all settings on exchange, etc etc. There are others using Mobile6 against our corporate exchange server and have no issue. It does not really matter what I do, activesync will fail sooner or later (even with almost nothing in my mailbox). Anyone have the same problems and/or suggestions?"
Does this happen when you are syncing wirelessly or wired or both? Do you find this valuable?    

cjms
2. RE: Activesync on phone spins forever, requires restart
Jan 4 2008, 7:26 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2008, 7:26 PM EST
It happens when I am syncing wirelessley (GPRS). It has happened once or twice when I was wired and it has never happened over wifi. I have turned PUSH off, I have created a new mailbox on the exchange server (2003, SP2), I have tried everything I can think off. I noticed that in one of these threads there is instructions ofr a hard reset (hold two control buttons down while powering on) which I have never done; mine has been the soft reset that is done through the "Expert->Clear Storage" path. I just rebuilt the phone again after the hard reset and it has not done it yet (no gaurnatee) but I did get a "waiting for Network" message on one of my syncs. I checked my account with my old smartphone (2003) and it sometimes exhibits similar behaviour except it comes back with a "DEV_10" error; this indicates a hotfix to exchange needs to be done (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913440). But, this will be a hard sell to my corporate IT group (100+person company) and I am not sure if it is the issue or not. I am thinking that either my GPRS is fried on my phone, I need the hotfix or there is a bug in this version of ActiveSync in Mobile6 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

cjms
3. RE: Activesync on phone spins forever, requires restart
Jan 4 2008, 7:30 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2008, 7:30 PM EST
Sorry, my company is 1000+ people; that is why it is tough to get them to do a hotfix on exchange when it is just me with this problem.

Thanks, and any help / suggestions are welcome.
Do you find this valuable?    

vipertech1
4. RE: Activesync on phone spins forever, requires restart
Jan 13 2008, 11:21 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2008, 11:21 AM EST
cims, I've had the same problem while traveling. I had a problem syncing with wifi in the hotel and found out that the it wasn't the phone but the connection setup. GPRS setup might be your issue. Have you asked anyone in your tech section what the base settings are with you cell company?? Have you asked the cell company?? who is you business cellular service?? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

cjms
5. RE: Activesync on phone spins forever, requires restart
Jan 13 2008, 12:35 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2008, 12:35 PM EST
Thanks for the reply; yes I have confirmed with Rogers Canada that I have the correct GPRS settings. All other data transfers are not an issue and when ActiveSync spins I can go to IE and surf without issue. So, I am leaning toward the exchange server hotfix; I tried my oldphone again and the DEV_!) comes up all the time and I am getting the "Waiting for Network" on my Mobile6. I am trying to get our IT group to do the hotfix but failing that in 6 months they will be moving to Exchange 2007. I think your issue with WiFi is not the same as I have no problems with GPRS or WiFi connections... thanks for your help though. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)