• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Reprogram and Activation of Telus P4000 on Bell Mobility's network

Keyword tags: 6800 bell P4000 ppc6800 Telus utstarcom
Watch
Become a member of the HTC community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

culius

culius
Reprogram and Activation of Telus P4000 on Bell Mobility's network
Jan 2 2008, 7:29 PM EST
Hello everyone,
Just joined this forum, and a lot of great ideas and conversations, so I'd thought I'd post my little problem and see what everyone thinks.

Here goes:

Awhile back I bought a Telus UTStarcom 6700 PPC, got it unlocked and reprogrammed it myself and got it activated on Bell's website with no issues. I remember originally trying to get a Verizon 6700 to activate and it would not since they concluded that the ESN is not added into the network, but the Telus one from my memory activated with no problems, even though the likelyhood that it's ESN would also not be recognized within Bell's network.

None the less I don't remember if I did a PRL update or which, but I got it working no problems on Bell's network. So I thought the same thing could happen with the 6800, got the Telus HTC 6800, did the same process of reprogramming it fine, no issues, but now went to do an ESN change no luck. I am at a stand still now and not sure what is the next step I should take, or direction or information. The phone is still under warranty so not sure if HTC will cover it under warranty and replace it with a bell model instead no clue.
Any help is really appreciated.
Thank you.
Moez.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Reprogram and Activation of Telus P4000 on Bell Mobility's network
Jan 18 2008, 10:28 PM EST
that'll certainly not happen, what i think u can do is return the original firmware and try to sell to some1 who has telus already. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)