• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Notes Recorder

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Notes Recorder
Dec 27 2007, 12:02 PM EST
my old 6700 had a nice feature to record notes on the fly which automatically synced with notes in outlook. You would hold the record button and it would automatically record a note. How can I map this feature to a button? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Notes Recorder
Dec 27 2007, 2:04 PM EST
"my old 6700 had a nice feature to record notes on the fly which automatically synced with notes in outlook. You would hold the record button and it would automatically record a note. How can I map this feature to a button?"
Goto Start\Settings\Personal Tab\Buttons. In here you you can assign most of the buttons to a different application and Voice Recorder is one of them. Do you find this valuable?    
scoobysbusiness

scoobysbusiness
Dec 27 2007, 11:53 PM EST
I have the same question. I am looking at upgrading to this phone from the 8125, but the hold and record button is really important to me. Can the PTT button that I will not use be changed to do this? I was able to program a button on a friends phone to go to the recorder, but then I had to push another button to start recording and then I had to stop the recording. Way too many buttons. Does anyone have any thoughts? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 28 2007, 7:47 AM EST
"I have the same question. I am looking at upgrading to this phone from the 8125, but the hold and record button is really important to me. Can the PTT button that I will not use be changed to do this? I was able to program a button on a friends phone to go to the recorder, but then I had to push another button to start recording and then I had to stop the recording. Way too many buttons. Does anyone have any thoughts?"
You can re-map to the PTT button, but it will require a change to your registry settings. DISCLAIME!! INCORRECTLY EDITING YOUR REGISTRY EDITINGS CAN RENDER YOUR DEVICE INOPERABLE. PLEASE BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY SETTINGS BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES.

Now after my little disclaimer, you first need to get a registry editor, like PHM registry editor. You can get it here:

http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

Then, you need to do the following steps in your registry settings:

1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
2. Goto Services
3. Delete the key called PTT. (Make a copy of the PTT settings in case you want to add it back in the future if you want to use PTT).

The next step is to go to:

1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
2. Go to Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys
3. Add a Key and name it 40C6. Then in this key, create a new string and name it Button 6.
4. Add another key back in the Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys and call it 40C7. In this key, create a new string and call it Button 6 (Press & Hold).
5. Do a soft reset to make the changes.

Now, when you goto start\settings\personal tab\buttons, you will see to additional buttons available. The first one is the PTT button with one press, the second is the PTT button with the press and hold capability. Note that the voice recorder application is different on the Tilt. It doesn't require you to hold down on a button. All you have to do is hit the onscreen record button and it will continue to record. Click it again to turn it off.

I have my PTT button set to Voice Command with the single press and Notes for the press and hold.
Do you find this valuable?    
scoobysbusiness

scoobysbusiness
Dec 28 2007, 10:59 AM EST
Thanks for your reply Rainman, I really want the push and start recording feature and want to know if there is a way to get the Tilt to do this. I would suspect that there is since it is software related and all of the other models allow for this. Does anyone know how to get the button 6 hold (after it is programmed as Rainman described) to start recording once pushed and stop once let off? There must be a way to bring the software from an older model over to this one to allow this. Thanks. Do you find this valuable?    
psquire
psquire
Dec 31 2007, 8:14 PM EST
I assigned the voice recording function to one of the buttons. However, the voice recording application does not store the files in the notes section. Any ideas on how to get the voice recording function to sync with the notes? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Friday, 11:59 AM EDT
Hi, check out:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/PDA_Voice_Recording

on my Tilt/8925 using the registryr editor I assigned button 6 hold to

"\Windows\AppButtons\Record.lnk" -b

as described and it works. Finally, I have the feature again.
Do you find this valuable?    
Top Contributors