• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Flash content on the web.Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts

Posted Anonymously
Flash content on the web.
Dec 18 2007, 10:36 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2007, 10:36 PM EST
I know a lot of xv6800 users have probably posted something about this subject but here goes: Do anyone know anything about HTC or Microsoft making the xv6800 ( or WM6 ) compatible for Flash video on the web? I love my 6800 but it would be nice to view videos on YouTube and other places. There have been some downloads suggested in other forums but when I tried them, it only locks up my device. Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: HTC wiki msn tips xv6800
Rainman76
Rainman76
1. RE: Flash content on the web.
Dec 18 2007, 11:02 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2007, 11:02 PM EST
"I know a lot of xv6800 users have probably posted something about this subject but here goes: Do anyone know anything about HTC or Microsoft making the xv6800 ( or WM6 ) compatible for Flash video on the web? I love my 6800 but it would be nice to view videos on YouTube and other places. There have been some downloads suggested in other forums but when I tried them, it only locks up my device."
Have you tried www.ytpocket.com? This is a website that uses the TPCMP player and a flash plugin so you can watch YouTube content. The only thing you have to be sure of is to goto www.ytpocket.com to view the YouTube videos and not the actual YouTube site. The fix this person has created requires you to use the pocket port version instead. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Flash content on the web.
Jan 4 2008, 4:19 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2008, 4:19 PM EST
The solution described here (http://www.sprintmogul.net/Forum/tabid/54/ptid/370/page/1/totrecs/64/threadid/344/forumtype/posts/Default.aspx) that also uses the TPCMP player, but doesn't require a special website works fine for me on the XV6800. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

RHEARHEA
3. RE: Flash content on the web.
Aug 17 2008, 2:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 17 2008, 2:48 PM EDT
I've tried the ytpocket with no success. I downloaded both of the programs the site gives in the instructions but when I go to look up a video all I get is a bunch of white boxes?!?! Do you find this valuable?    

iceman_nrg
4. RE: Flash content on the web.
Sep 4 2008, 3:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 4 2008, 3:13 PM EDT
I tried all the other suggestions also and it did not work for me. I have a beta version of the SkyFire web browser and it allows me to view Youtube videos no problem. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: Flash content on the web.
Sep 12 2008, 6:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 12 2008, 6:35 PM EDT
I read that MS is working on a new mobile version of IE (ver 6?) that will support flash video

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10039152-56.html
Do you find this valuable?    
loulahkitty
loulahkitty
6. RE: Flash content on the web.
Dec 16 2008, 4:58 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 16 2008, 4:58 PM EST
I have currently been seeing the Mobile 6 advertised as standard. I am hoping that the flash ability is available now... anyone know? Also, does the media player support different formats depending on the phone, the specs seem to indicate such, but I would think that the media player would support standard formats regardless of the phone it runs on? This is a huge puzzle to me and the answere will make the difference in the phone i purchase. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: Flash content on the web.
Dec 18 2008, 9:16 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2008, 9:16 AM EST
If you want browsers that support Flash and allow you to watch YouTube, check out Skyfire and/or Opera. I have both running on my Xv6800 and they both play videos no problem. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)