• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: My city is not listed in weather (touch)

Keyword tags: None

Watch
Dirkdoesdirt

Dirkdoesdirt
My city is not listed in weather (touch)
Dec 15 2007, 10:18 AM EST
The nearest city listed in the weather spot is over 600 miles away. Does anyone know how to add a city listing to the HTC Touch list of cities so I can use this function?
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
AliBabNet

AliBabNet
RE: My city is not listed in weather (touch)
Jan 30 2008, 2:39 PM EST
Hello

I belive you can do this by using a registry editor like Resco File Explorer (with Registry plug-in).

Then browse to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > HTC > HTCHome > Weather > Settings.
There, open the key "LocationCode" and edit it following the standard.
For example right now mine for Escondido, CA (USA) is "NAM|US|CA|ESCONDIDO".
I think you can find those standards on Weather.com...

Good luck!
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 30 2008, 6:55 PM EST
thanks for the accurate response. I can see that the reason my city is not listed is because weather.com does not list it. Is there a way to redirect the Touch to go to a different weather internet address instead of weather.com? ie: www.theweathernetwork.com
Do you find this valuable?    
AliBabNet

AliBabNet
Jan 30 2008, 7:04 PM EST
I believe the Touch (and Touch Dual) are getting the weather from http://www.accuweather.com/
I don't think there's an easy way to change that, because of the formatting of the info retrieved on the phone....
AliBabNet

AliBabNet
Jan 30 2008, 7:50 PM EST
Found this page, useful information on the weather requests...
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6800-xv6800/88977-post-your-todayscreen-page-pics-3.html
Dirkdoesdirt

Dirkdoesdirt
Jan 30 2008, 8:37 PM EST
Great forum and good infor you found. I tried the different ideas but it seems that CANADA is not very populated when it comes to weather requests. I must not live up here!! lol
Accueather has a canadian page which has my city but I can't get the database to search over there with the ideas listed.
Back to the drawing board unless you have a different idea. you have been a great help already and I think you
AliBabNet

AliBabNet
Jan 30 2008, 9:15 PM EST
Yes, that boars has a lot of info.
One last thing I found:
When you search for a city in AccuWeather from your computer, you get an URL like this:
http://www.accuweather.com/world-index-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&loccode=NAM|CA|ON|TORONTO
You identified the code at the end. You might try to search your city that way....

Cheers.
Dirkdoesdirt

Dirkdoesdirt
Jan 30 2008, 11:49 PM EST
The link that I get is different. It appears to search for the city via postal code even though I put in the words Prince George. The link looks like this
http://www.accuweather.com/canada-weather-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&postalcode=V2K%201A1&metric=1
Afterburned

Afterburned
Sep 9 2008, 5:43 PM EDT
Don't search - use the drop down boxes to get to where you want.
Start here: http://www.accuweather.com/world-index.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0
under the 'Find your local Forecast' heading.
good luck!
jinchen22

jinchen22
Sep 24 2008, 10:00 PM EDT
sorry i dont understand, can you please tell me how this work?
there is no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > HTC > HTCHome > Weather > Settings in my phone

Anonymous
Sep 25 2008, 4:12 AM EDT
I think this is for the older phones - my touch pro it is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HTC\MANILLA\Weather.CityList
However do a search for 'Weather Database Editor' - it is a great little .cab file that allows you to add cities to the phone. It worked for me where manually entering the city did not for some reason.
Good luck!

Anonymous
Sep 26 2008, 9:43 PM EDT
"Hello

I belive you can do this by using a registry editor like Resco File Explorer (with Registry plug-in).

Then browse to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > HTC > HTCHome > Weather > Settings.
There, open the key "LocationCode" and edit it following the standard.
For example right now mine for Escondido, CA (USA) is "NAM|US|CA|ESCONDIDO".
I think you can find those standards on Weather.com...

Good luck!"
can you please tell me how do you brose to this folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > HTC > HTCHome > Weather > Settings. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 1 2008, 12:43 PM EDT
"can you please tell me how do you brose to this folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > HTC > HTCHome > Weather > Settings."
im using resco i followed the path to the location code but the problem i have under settings i get default value not set and cesius any suggestions Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 1 2008, 12:47 PM EDT
so basically i have no locationscode icon or folder Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors