• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.This is a featured thread

Anonymous
unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Dec 10 2007, 12:01 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 10 2007, 12:01 PM EST
I have followed the exact steps for my HTC P3300.
The internet sharing is enabled and my HTC is connected to Internet over GPRS. My laptop is connect to HTC over USB.
But despite this, I am unable to browse from my laptop.

When checked, I can see that my laptop gets IP from HTC & I am able to ping, but no luck to browse. Any IDEA???
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Dec 10 2007, 7:47 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 10 2007, 7:47 PM EST
"I have followed the exact steps for my HTC P3300.
The internet sharing is enabled and my HTC is connected to Internet over GPRS. My laptop is connect to HTC over USB.

When checked, I can see that my laptop gets IP from HTC & I am able to ping, but no luck to browse. Any IDEA???"
Did you check your PC's Internet Explorer options? LAN settings?Proxy Settings?
Mine works if I disable all of the above.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Dec 12 2007, 11:16 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 12 2007, 11:16 AM EST
Yeah. I have checked the same. There is no Proxy Defined. Any more ideas??
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
3. RE: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Dec 12 2007, 12:48 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 12 2007, 12:48 PM EST
"Yeah. I have checked the same. There is no Proxy Defined. Any more ideas??"
As long as you have no Auto-config set in your LAN settings, no. The isue is with the PC so you may want to contact your IT Support for help.

Anonymous
4. RE: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Jan 3 2008, 11:22 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 3 2008, 11:22 PM EST
Make sure your internal wireless card is disabled, if not it will try to log on that connection. I have been using ISC for a while and it works like a charm. Just make sure that wireless card is disabled. Good luck
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
5. RE: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Jan 5 2008, 12:08 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 5 2008, 12:08 PM EST
"I have followed the exact steps for my HTC P3300.

When checked, I can see that my laptop gets IP from HTC & I am able to ping, but no luck to browse. Any IDEA???"
Have you checked in your device manager to see if the device is listed as a network adapter?

It may be that Activesync hasn't installed the WceIS.inf properly. I have encountered this problem without any resolve. Nobody seems to be able to help me...

Anonymous
6. RE: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Mar 19 2008, 2:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 19 2008, 2:49 PM EDT
Make sure that you disable activesync. On activesync go to file-connection settings-uncheck allow USB connections.

Anonymous
7. RE: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Mar 24 2008, 4:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 24 2008, 4:04 PM EDT
Make sure that any other network connections are disabled (NIC and/or wireless).
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
8. RE: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Jul 28 2008, 4:56 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 28 2008, 4:56 AM EDT
"As long as you have no Auto-config set in your LAN settings, no. The isue is with the PC so you may want to contact your IT Support for help."
Not true, I have the same problem, and a colleague resolved this by installing a cab file from his mobile operator. There's something wrong with internet sharing because it seems to start ok, connects to GPRS or 3G, but laptop can't browse. It also correctly automatically disables activesync, but still no connection to internet from laptop.

Anonymous
9. RE: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Oct 7 2008, 4:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2008, 4:27 AM EDT
"Not true, I have the same problem, and a colleague resolved this by installing a cab file from his mobile operator. There's something wrong with internet sharing because it seems to start ok, connects to GPRS or 3G, but laptop can't browse. It also correctly automatically disables activesync, but still no connection to internet from laptop."
I have the same issue. I noticed that no "Default Gateway" is configured for the Internet Connection Sharing on the PC. Do you have it set? Cold you describe what the solution was? Thanks.

Anonymous
10. RE: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Oct 18 2008, 6:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 18 2008, 6:17 PM EDT
go to IE tools/internet options/connections/lan setings--uncheck proxy setting ...and check automaticaly detect settings..it will work

Anonymous
11. RE: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Nov 1 2008, 10:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Nov 1 2008, 10:38 PM EDT
"go to IE tools/internet options/connections/lan setings--uncheck proxy setting ...and check automaticaly detect settings..it will work"
I had the same issue when I tried to setup ICS on my ATT/Tilt, It connected to my laptop via bluetooth and assigned an ip address. However I was not able to browse from my laptop.
If you change the IE settings on your laptop to automatically detect settings, this will correct the problem. Note however that it may take a few minutes for the laptop to actually detect and configure IE.
When I first tried this I thought that it did not work, since I still could not browse, then 15 minutes later it started working fine.

Anonymous
12. RE: unable to browse after enabling internet sharing.
Jan 4 2009, 10:36 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2009, 10:36 AM EST
I had some problems for a while and I figured it out eventually. You have to disable active sync, you have to stop any data sessions you currently have going, and not have the laptop connected to any wireless networks. Then you should be able to connect to the internet with the laptop.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)