• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: 8125 and GPSThis is a featured thread

Blick_TX

Blick_TX
8125 and GPS
Dec 5 2007, 5:20 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2007, 5:20 PM EST
Is anyone using GPS with Cingular's 8125? If so, please provide info and rate your service. Thanks in advance!
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: cingular 8125 tips

Anonymous
1. RE: 8125 and GPS
Dec 6 2007, 7:03 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2007, 7:03 PM EST
I use iGuidence software and a bluetooth receiver. it works great and only charge wass the cost of the software and BT receiver (no monthly or usage fee)
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Blick_TX

Blick_TX
2. RE: 8125 and GPS
Dec 6 2007, 8:57 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2007, 8:57 PM EST
"I use iGuidence software and a bluetooth receiver. it works great and only charge wass the cost of the software and BT receiver (no monthly or usage fee)"
Thanks! I'll look into their software -- from what I've seen on their site, it requires internet connectivity, which would be a monthly cost or usag fee. I'll look deeper.

Wonder if this could be used that same way with Microsoft's Streets and Trips?
CrowdedCranium
CrowdedCranium
3. RE: 8125 and GPS
Aug 9 2008, 9:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 9 2008, 9:23 PM EDT
As a matter of fact, yes. It is a handy item. Let me tell you about it while I wait for dinner.

I have a G4 cingular 8125 and a BT-359c Bluetooth locator.

Installed on this used phone was Google maps. And this last week, I installed Live search.

Pair the device. This was fairly simple, just turn it on. Open new, set it to com6 which winmo5 picked as a default. Click the seral box and bingo bango, google map would use the gps dongle via bluietooth with no further brow furrowing.

The live search map gps was a little different. It would on command to use GPS simply fall on its face as one would expect with a microsoft item accompanied with a cryptic error message directing the operator to use an unknown process to engage an unknown windows process.

The GPSID mystery windows controler. This boils down to making entries in the registry for the exact device id name, com port number. I have not gotten quite that far. The information on what to put in and how to put it in are cryptic at best.

But the next clue is at http://htcwiki.com/page/Configure%20Smartphone%20for%20Google%20Mobile%20Maps%20with%20Bluetooth%20GPS

You can figure it out after looking at that link for a few minutes.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)