• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Storage Card BugThis is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 13 of 13  |  Show  posts at a time

Posted Anonymously
Storage Card Bug
Dec 5 2007, 10:54 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2007, 10:54 AM EST
The most important fix needed for the touch is the storage card fix. The Touch will randomly corrupt the files on the storage card I have tested with multiple sd cards so it does not look like it is a paticular card. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo

emanbooyah
1. RE: Storage Card Bug
Dec 10 2007, 5:16 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 10 2007, 5:16 PM EST
You are right...WTF is up with this phone...First the camera is not working after 3 weeks even after multiple hard resets and now i got multiple files on my MicroSD that say there are CORRUPT 2GB and 1GB files. Not sure whats up with this phone because i used to love it and now it just dissapoints me T_T. I hope we get a new ROM that fixes all this bullshiesza. Anyone got any fixes I'm willin to try it....plz help plz. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Storage Card Bug
Dec 13 2007, 11:42 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 13 2007, 11:42 AM EST
Yes! There is a huge post on PPCGeeks.com about the corrupt folder problem with the Touch when writing to the card. I do hope someone at HTC or Sprint aknowledges there is a problem and posts what they find out. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Storage Card Bug
Jul 8 2008, 5:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 8 2008, 5:05 PM EDT
I have the same problem: a couple of weeks after receiving my brand new htc touch cruise, I suddendly found only a fake folder and a fake 2 GB file on my "storage card", thereby losing all data and also all programs that I had installed on this storage, including my TomTom map. And of course, this happened just two days after starting holiday, far away from home...

If HTC does not fix this one, how can I still trust my Touch Cruise?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: Storage Card Bug
Jul 9 2008, 12:21 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 9 2008, 12:21 AM EDT
has anyone heard of an update/fix for this. my touch is doing the same thing. I cant even fix or delete the corrupted file. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: Storage Card Bug
Jul 9 2008, 9:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 9 2008, 9:46 AM EDT
I have been hearing about this "bug" for a looong time and have to say that my TOUCH (Bell Mobility in Canada) has NOT had this happen. However, with that being said, I HAVE experienced a few times where I would try to explore to my SD card and would not see anything, or would only see one or two folders (I have pictures, music, videos, etc..).

Try SOFT reboot... this always clears things up for me.

AS WELL, I have also read that setting your email to "save attachments to storage card" will do VERY bizarre things to the card and TOUCH. Do not enable this option in your email settings....
Do you find this valuable?    
rilda01
rilda01
6. RE: Storage Card Bug
Jul 11 2008, 2:28 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 11 2008, 2:28 AM EDT
"I have been hearing about this "bug" for a looong time and have to say that my TOUCH (Bell Mobility in Canada) has NOT had this happen. However, with that being said, I HAVE experienced a few times where I would try to explore to my SD card and would not see anything, or would only see one or two folders (I have pictures, music, videos, etc..).

Try SOFT reboot... this always clears things up for me.

AS WELL, I have also read that setting your email to "save attachments to storage card" will do VERY bizarre things to the card and TOUCH. Do not enable this option in your email settings...."
well since the touch is SO STABLE, ive soft booted it only as many as 2-3 times a week. I still have the corruption on my SD card. also I dont save any email files to the SD card. Has there been anyword on a fix for this very serious oversight? Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: Storage Card Bug
Jul 13 2008, 2:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 13 2008, 2:35 PM EDT
I have to soft reset my Touch phone several times a day as the corrupt files appear at will whenever. The soft reset sometimes partially clears them out, but soon all the files are corrupted and I have to reset again keeping my fingers crossed. I've given up on the hard resets as that doesn't solve the problem. I've see alot of the same issue above, yet NO ONE is offering a real solution. Does anyone know how to get at the chain of command, or better still.... KNOW THE ANSWER?? I love my HTC Touch. It's great in all other respects. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: Storage Card Bug
Sep 7 2008, 4:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 7 2008, 4:09 PM EDT
I already had this problem two times, always following a soft reset while a program using the Storage card was not responding anymore. The first time, it happened a few days after I arrived on my holiday location. And of course my TomTom maps were on the SD card -( A real nightmare!
Now doing more and more backups of the SD cards and always carrying a DVD-RW with a backup and the USB microSD adapter to reload the card from a standard PC in case of reoccurrence...
Do you find this valuable?    
benserna
benserna
9. RE: Storage Card Bug
Sep 11 2008, 2:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 11 2008, 2:11 PM EDT
All your problems will be solved by installing WM6.1 My HTC Touch came with WM 6.0 and I had all kinds of little, irritating gliltches such as gibberish files, extremely low sound on Sprint TV, too many others to mention with no solution after trying everything. My Sprint provider pointed me to this site: america.htc.com/touchupdate MY TOUCH NOW ROARS LIKE A LION and gets GPS, etc. etc. I'm the happiest camper ever. If you upgrade, just make sure to follow the instructions they give you so as to do it properly and not REALLY have problems. I did and I feel like I was born again..... touchwise, that is Do you find this valuable?    
melbe
melbe
10. RE: Storage Card Bug
Sep 11 2008, 5:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 11 2008, 5:15 PM EDT
"All your problems will be solved by installing WM6.1 My HTC Touch came with WM 6.0 and I had all kinds of little, irritating gliltches such as gibberish files, extremely low sound on Sprint TV, too many others to mention with no solution after trying everything. My Sprint provider pointed me to this site: america.htc.com/touchupdate MY TOUCH NOW ROARS LIKE A LION and gets GPS, etc. etc. I'm the happiest camper ever. If you upgrade, just make sure to follow the instructions they give you so as to do it properly and not REALLY have problems. I did and I feel like I was born again..... touchwise, that is"
I upgraded and still have the storage card problem with corrupt files. I had it with WM6.0 and still have it with WM6.1. I periodically reformat the card and reload it, but the corrupt files come back. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
benserna
benserna
11. RE: Storage Card Bug
Sep 12 2008, 12:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 12 2008, 12:12 AM EDT
Melbe, I'm so sorry you are still having that problem. It worked for me finally and for a long time I envied those people that wrote about how this or that fixed their problem. I never thought I'd work it out. Please, don't give up trying to find your solution. There's gotta be one. Keep the faith and keep trying once in a while. And when you DO find your solution, make sure to share it in this forum because what finally worked for you just may help someone else. Good luck to you! Do you find this valuable?    

wooogie
12. RE: Storage Card Bug
Apr 12 2009, 6:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 12 2009, 6:21 PM EDT
is there a fix for this bug?? i cant use the camera on my htc touch case the file is always corrupt Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)