• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

New to HTC and PPC Phones, but

Keyword tags: 8525 att Herems Upgrade wm6
Watch
Become a member of the HTC community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

SARGroup
SARGroup
New to HTC and PPC Phones, but
Dec 4 2007, 10:52 PM EST
I just ordered the ATT8525 to replace my constantly crashing old Blackberry 7100g.

I know the unit will come with WM5, but has anyone summarized what is gained, lost or traded to upgrade to WM6? I've read most of the recent posts and there seems to be some confusion about what is gained or lost. Also, are the advantages really worth it? I know that might be a "personal preference" thing, but with all the difficulty being posted, I'm a little nervous about jumping right in an upgrading the software.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: 8525 WM5 VS WM6
Dec 17 2007, 5:01 PM EST
I upgraded my 8525 to WM6 I have been using WM5 on several devices before....
I can't say that I am much happier with WM6.

mostly depends on how you use the 8525

Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
ofootprint
ofootprint
RE: New to HTC and PPC Phones, but
Dec 22 2007, 10:38 AM EST
I did the upgrade for Alltel PPC6800 seemed alittle faster and seemed to solve the crash issue I was having while using WM5- not much difference in programing, but if your going to do it I would do it before you get settled into your phone because it does erase all old information and you will need to back things up and reinstall. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: New to HTC and PPC Phones, but
Dec 22 2007, 11:12 AM EST
I have upgraded my 8525 and I find it to be more stable than WM5 for me. Also, I like the ribbon in the calendar and the HTML email support.. And even though Windows Live services have been removed, I put it back on through a .cab file i have found and I like it more than Pocket MSN. Messenger allows for multiple conversations now and you can also get Push email support with Hotmail accounts. Overall I am happy with the upgrade. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors