• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: After TILT loses service, it does not search and reconnect

Keyword tags: no service (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

chuckc

chuckc
After TILT loses service, it does not search and reconnect
Nov 28 2007, 11:40 PM EST
I am in and out of metal buildings at work all day long. Whenever I lose signal and service (antenna icon has a ! next to it), the TILT will not keep searching and restore service, even if I go back to a high signal (5 bars) area. The only way to get service back is to go to the wireless manager and unselect then reselect the phone. At that time it begins searching and restores service. I talked to tech support at HTC and they think it is the radio firmware and to wait until a firmware upgrade comes out, which will be when ATT requests changes. This is my second TILT with the same problem. ATT phone store is going to swap it out for a third one as soon as a new batch comes in. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: After TILT loses service, it does not search and reconnect
Nov 29 2007, 12:08 AM EST
"I am in and out of metal buildings at work all day long. Whenever I lose signal and service (antenna icon has a ! next to it), the TILT will not keep searching and restore service, even if I go back to a high signal (5 bars) area. The only way to get service back is to go to the wireless manager and unselect then reselect the phone. At that time it begins searching and restores service. I talked to tech support at HTC and they think it is the radio firmware and to wait until a firmware upgrade comes out, which will be when ATT requests changes. This is my second TILT with the same problem. ATT phone store is going to swap it out for a third one as soon as a new batch comes in."
Sorry to hear that. But thanks for the update. I have been fortunate not to have that problem. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 29 2007, 5:10 AM EST
Yeah i have that problem and i dont know what to do either... i too am also waiting on the next batch Do you find this valuable?    
TheBucket

TheBucket
Dec 1 2007, 11:28 AM EST
I have the same issue...with a twist....with my unlocked HTC TyTN II on AT&T.
When I am roaming, I'll disconnect from a call, and I lose service. The phone is searching for a signal as evidenced by the three progressing dots near the signal strength meter. It will continue to do that for some time. I try to switch off the phone function in the comm mgr, and that rarely works. Usually, I have to do a soft reset.
Pretty darned aggravating.
ATT blames it on it being an unlocked phone...nothing they can do about it...of course.
Not sure what to do.
Do you find this valuable?    
chefpastry

chefpastry
Dec 4 2007, 1:34 AM EST
Yes. I have this problem, too. Hopefully, a firmware update can correct this... Do you find this valuable?    
jsjohnson

jsjohnson
Dec 28 2007, 12:08 PM EST
Any updates on this issue? It's getting worse for me and sometimes, even with full bars and tapping on the icon reveals it's still clocking connection time IE 10:23:15. Is this an issue with the radio or with WM6? Lately, it's gotten so bad at times that I have to cycle the radio on/off several times before I get it straigtened out. ATT told me to exchange it but how will I know if a subsequent batch of phones with updates has been shipped to ATT? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 29 2007, 12:37 AM EST
Update. The third tilt works better. I onlyhave to reset the phone about once a week, otherwise it reconnects ok. for info:
ROM ver 1.57.502.2
ROM date 08/25/07
Radio ver 1.27.12.11
Protocol ver 22.45.88.07H
Windows CE ver 5.2.160(build 18125.0.4.2)

Hope this info helps.
chuckc

1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
apurici
apurici
Jan 19 2008, 10:45 PM EST
"Update. The third tilt works better. I onlyhave to reset the phone about once a week, otherwise it reconnects ok. for info:
ROM ver 1.57.502.2
ROM date 08/25/07
Radio ver 1.27.12.11
Protocol ver 22.45.88.07H
Windows CE ver 5.2.160(build 18125.0.4.2)

Hope this info helps.
chuckc

"
I have this rom version as well and I have no signal issues, the problem that I have is that if i don't use it often enough enogh the green signal light will still flash but the device will not turn on when I push the power button so I am forsed to do a reset, do you do this? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 22 2008, 8:20 PM EST
I just bought a Tilt and have this most recent version of ROMs. I have continual problems, including attempts to cycle the phone functionality on and off in the wireless mgr and then have it say Insert SIM Card. It's very frustrating and I'm starting to consider turning it in for the Blackberry, as much as I don't like Blackberries, I do need phone service I can count on. The device works great as everything except as a phone.

BTW, this is a great forum, I've found answers here for many of the questions and issues I've had.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 23 2008, 3:04 AM EST
YOU MORONs get the different device 0  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 4 2008, 2:09 AM EST
I also have the SAME problem! This phone has been a nightmare! It has an awful BAD signal everywhere and I feel sorry to have paid almost $400 for this phone... my cheap phone, although it is not a Smartphone, has better signal. My TILT losses signal easily and constantly! What a nightmare! BTW, this is my 2nd Tilt, as I had a replacement from AT&T already.... same problem on both phones, poor signal and it does not search & reconnect when it losses signal! Stay away from this phone! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 9 2008, 6:25 PM EDT
"I am in and out of metal buildings at work all day long. Whenever I lose signal and service (antenna icon has a ! next to it), the TILT will not keep searching and restore service, even if I go back to a high signal (5 bars) area. The only way to get service back is to go to the wireless manager and unselect then reselect the phone. At that time it begins searching and restores service. I talked to tech support at HTC and they think it is the radio firmware and to wait until a firmware upgrade comes out, which will be when ATT requests changes. This is my second TILT with the same problem. ATT phone store is going to swap it out for a third one as soon as a new batch comes in."
same problem, It nevers reconnects after losong a signal and sometimes it loses the signal just sitting on the desk with 3 bar signal strength. I either have to fiddle with the wireless manager or sometimes do a soft reset. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 7 2008, 11:46 PM EDT
I have the same issue. Got an AT&T 8525 and it happend. AT&T replaced SIM card, no help. Replaced phone, now help. They finally sent me a TILT, and it is the same problem. This is unbelievable. Anybody elso out there have a resolution.Next step is to go to a Blackberry if I don't get any help from HTC Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 8 2008, 8:27 AM EDT
Mine is fixed! Unfortunately, I can't remember what I did. HTC Tech Service has ALWAYS been very helpful when I've called them and this instance was no exception. They knew the problem and walked me thru the settings change and I haven't had the problem since. It had something to do with a manual vs. automatic network search - but I can't find that in my phone settings. Give them a call and they should be able to help you...at least they did for me. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
elvisfan1

elvisfan1
May 10 2008, 9:58 AM EDT
I have a 8525. I only lost the signal once, where it would not reconnect. I removed the battery and SIM card. That fixed it. What I have found out is that I have to turn the phone off every day or it locks up. Also, it drops calls alot. My friends almost expect to have to call me back after I call them. ATT CS says to swap SIM cards with my wife's phone. That will see if it is the SIM card. I had a Razr and and Palm Pilot. Razr was a better phone. Palm was a better PDA. I went this way to only have to carry 1 device. I didn't go with the Treo because I wanted WIFI and the capability to initiate a voice dial call without having to press a button on the phone first. The 8525 doesn't do anything very well. But it is 1 device and the WIFI works. Second 8525. The WIFI didn't work on the first one. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 25 2008, 12:49 AM EST
"Mine is fixed! Unfortunately, I can't remember what I did. HTC Tech Service has ALWAYS been very helpful when I've called them and this instance was no exception. They knew the problem and walked me thru the settings change and I haven't had the problem since. It had something to do with a manual vs. automatic network search - but I can't find that in my phone settings. Give them a call and they should be able to help you...at least they did for me."
My @ss. HTC sucks. I wrote them 3 times and they never respond back. I am on my 3rd POS Tilt and i am about to throw it out of the window. This gotta be the worst phone ever. Bye Bye HTC Tilt, hello iPhone. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Thursday, 12:34 PM EST
I'm going to iphone too!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors