• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Outlook deleted all the contacts on my HTC 6800

Keyword tags: contacts deleted when sync'd
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

marilynlake

marilynlake
Outlook deleted all the contacts on my HTC 6800
Nov 26 2007, 1:09 AM EST
Does anyone know how I can back up my phone info without having Outlook delete my contacts, I lost 200 of them, and had to go back to the Bell store to have some of my contacts restored from my old phone. The Outlook contacts folder was empty, as I wanted to move my contacts from my HTC to my PC. I am considering the Sprite backup software, any feedback greatly appreciated. Cheers,
Marilyn
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Outlook deleted all the contacts on my HTC 6800
Nov 26 2007, 1:40 PM EST
"Does anyone know how I can back up my phone info without having Outlook delete my contacts, I lost 200 of them, and had to go back to the Bell store to have some of my contacts restored from my old phone. The Outlook contacts folder was empty, as I wanted to move my contacts from my HTC to my PC. I am considering the Sprite backup software, any feedback greatly appreciated. Cheers,
Marilyn"
Do you have your sync software set to have desktop win or device? You will want to have it set to have your device win... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Outlook deleted all the contacts on my HTC 6800
Nov 26 2007, 2:53 PM EST
"Do you have your sync software set to have desktop win or device? You will want to have it set to have your device win..."
There isn't a setting on my device that indicates this is possible, but thanks for asking. I did buy the sprite software, and created a backup on my pc, and miraculously Active sync was working in the background and transfered my phone contacts fo my pc as well. I copied and relabled the contacts file in Outlook, and copied the contact list into an Excel file, for good measure. Now I just wish it was possible for outlook to import calendar items only from Act! (my current contact management software) as my Act contact list is too massive for my phone.
Cheers,
Marilyn
Do you find this valuable?