2125 Bugs and Problems
The Cingular 2125 is a terrific device, but it's not perfect. Tell HTC developers what isn't working so that they can try to fix it.
- ROM version 22.214.171.124 has a keypad data-entry problem. If you press any key quickly more than once (as is necessary when using multi-press input mode) it will be interpreted as if you held the key down (i.e., giving a digit input rather than a letter).
- Couple of other 126.96.36.199 problems:
- No way to insert symbols in email messages. If I try to select the symbols menu, the phone just beeps at me. This makes it more less impossible to write intelligible emails.
- Voice doesn’t work after using phone as modem. If I’ve had the phone connected as a wireless modem and then try to do a voice call, the phone sits there after dialing and doesn’t connect (it just says “dialing …”). If I hang up and try to redial, I then get an error dialog. The only way of fixing it at this point is to power cycle.
- Backlight doesn't turn always turn back on when it has turned itself off. This usually happens when pulling it out of my pocket, or after sitting on my dresser and charging. I have to pull the battery out and put it back in for the phone to restart and turn on the backlight again.
- Removing the battery causes the phone to lose its date & time settings. Seeing as the memory card (and SIM) are located underneath the battery, this is a bit of a problem.
|Latest page update: made by mc510 , Jun 12 2007, 1:15 PM EDT (about this update About This Update Edited by mc510
32 words added
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
Bookmark: Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Facebook
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||Weird Problem||4||Sep 18 2008, 3:10 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Sep 26 2007, 10:31 PM EDT Watch
Everytime that I turn my phone off and back on, it deletes all of the previous months text messages. It's kinda annoying, because I save those text messages for a reason. So I thought I would test it out and deleted all my text messages, turned off my phone and then back on, and all the text messages were back except the last months. Is there something that I can do to solve this problem?
|Anonymous||joystick will not work||11||Aug 31 2008, 7:11 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Jun 28 2007, 10:27 AM EDT Watch
my 2125 is useless as anything other than a phone. i can no longer read or add contacts (w/o using outlook & syncing) or move anywhere because the joystick appears to be the only way to get anywhere. there do not appear to be menu options to bypass this problem! i am hearbroken - i raved about this phone to everyone and now... this problem of course came about just after 1 yr warranty expired and cingular did not offer insurance option.. so sad!
|Anonymous||Phone boots up then turns off, boots up, turns off||6||Aug 9 2008, 11:09 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Aug 9 2007, 8:01 AM EDT Watch
My 2125 was working fine until suddenly it was off. I tried to turn it on with the power button, no luck. I pulled the battery out, put it back in it would reboot all the way back but when I would touch any button, it would turn off. We pulled the sim card out and put it back in and it worked right for a day. Then we replaced the sim card and it will give you the first Cingular screen, then windows Mobil screen, then goes to Goodbye. Any help out there?
2 out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?
Keyword tags: sim card missing
Showing 3 of 26 threads for this page - view all